About Us


Our community was formed in 1888. 

A commemorative service and celebration to recognise the 125 years took place on 13th October 2013 attended by the new Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis. 

The community has played an important part in Jewish religious and cultural life in the county ever since its formation. Our membership covers a wide age range and a variety of nationalities. Please take time to look around this site and get in touch via the ‘contact us’ page.

A recipe book to recognise this milestone has been published and is available to buy now.